- County Historian
- Search Records
- Cemetery Records
Livingston County has at least 136 known burial sites, from individual graves on private property to publicly accessible park-like cemeteries. The earliest include Seneca burials, and other cemeteries are still in active use today.
See our updated Map of Cemeteries for the county. Please respect private property when planning visits to grave sites.
Cemetery Survey, 1945
Our earliest survey, recorded in 1945, of legible gravestones dated c. 1790s-1885. Search by name in our online Records Index and look under the "Deaths" series. Recent obituaries are also indexed.
County Poorhouse Cemeteries
View burial listings for the Old and New County Poorhouse Cemeteries, 1874-1940, and read about the history of the County Poorhouse.
Cemeteries Photo Survey, 2005
Search the indexes to the photograph collection; please contact us if you would like specific images, with a maximum of 10. Read all about the collection, provided by Doug Morgan, in the Finding Aid.
Tips on how to search and understand the .PDFs:
- Use the Ctrl + F or Edit > Find feature to hop directly to keyword matches within the document;
- Due to illegibility, some names and dates may not be indexed or may be partially indexed;
- Use context to help determine identity of partial names; look at names indexed nearby to help make a possible connection.
Other Cemetery Listings
- External databases of cemetery listings
- Other assorted surveys and cemetery records are in our research center. Contact us for more info
- Some cemetery associations and/or town clerks may have original cemetery records
Updated March 2022