Traffic Ticket Reduction

If you are seeking a reduction of your outstanding traffic matter and are unable to appear in person at court, please read the following information to successfully request a reduction via mail without attending court. 


In order to be eligible for a reduction via mail you must meet the following requirements:
  • Your outstanding ticket is a traffic violation (you MUST appear in person for any misdemeanor or felony charges)
  • You had a valid license and insurance at the time of the offense 

Request Process

Please complete the following steps in order to properly submit your request:
  • Print and completely fill out the request form below 
  • Traffic Ticket Reduction Request Form 
  • Include the necessary documentation with the request form including a copy of your traffic ticket(s), a copy of your driving abstract (may be obtained at the DMV) and a self-addressed stamped envelope. Failure to include any of these documents may result in denial of your request
  • Mail the completed request to:                                                                                                                                                                    Livingston County District Attorney's Office                                                                                                                                                2 Court Street                                                                                                                                                                                              Geneseo, NY 14454   
  • You should expect to receive a reduction response with directions on how to move forward from the Assistant District Attorney handling your matter via mail within 7-10 business days 

Court Dates

Failure to appear in court on the date and time indicated on your simplified traffic information or as directed by the court may result in your licence being suspended. Please allow 7-10 business days for a response for your request. If you require an adjournment in order to complete the reduction by mail process, please contact the court directly to request a new court date. The District Attorney's office has no power or authority to grant an adjournment.