The Historian's Office holdings include many primary source materials, be they photocopies, originals, or digital. Browse the linked items below for just a few examples of the documents in our collections.
As always, if you are seeking something specific, please contact us!
- Petition of Livingston County residents against slavery, 1835
- Petition of Mt. Morris residents against slavery, c. 1835
- Wilson, Henry. The Life, Travels, and Adventures of Henry Wilson, the Murderer. 1866.
- Receipt, S. G. Hildreth. Lima, 1826
- Receipt, F. N. Burt, Geneseo, 1878
- William P. Boyd Job Printing Price List, Conesus, 1879
- Stock Certificate, Avon Knitting Company, 1924
- Brochure, Balloons Over Letchworth, 1989
- Deed, Groveland Presbyterian Society, 1833
- Dedication Program, Dansville Presbyterian Church Parish House, 1931
- Lakeville Christian Church Records, c. 1890s-1919
- Our Parish Register, Dec. 1913, St. Columba's Church. Caledonia
- See also: transcriptions of church records here
- School Tax List, York and Leicester Joint District #15, 1825
- Glass negative, Portage District #8 Schoolhouse (Jason Sanford Hewitt Collection)
- Springwater Taber's Corners District #4 School Souvenir, 1918
- Early western New York maps:
- 1852 Livingston County map and 1858 Livingston County map
- 1872 Livingston County Atlas
- 1902 Livingston County Atlas
- US Geological Survey maps, as early as 1901 for parts of Livingston County to present
- Haudenosaunee maps from the Iroquois Genealogy Society
- Civil War - Deserters from 126th Regiment, NY Vols.
- Civil War - Deserters from Sundry New York Regiments
- Civil War - Deserters from Sundry New York Regiments (1)
- Civil War - Deserters from Sundry New York Regiments (2)
- Civil War - Deserters from Sundry New York Regiments (3)
- Civil War - Letter from Daniel L. Shull to Miss Melissa M. Kiehle of Scottsburg, 1864
Updated April 2021