- Masks continue to help protect you and others from COVID-19 (CDC). Any mask is better than no mask.
- It is still a best practice to wear a mask for up to 10 days if exposed to anyone with COVID-19 and for five days after the last day of being positive for COVID-19.
- See the CDC website to learn more about masking.
- Learn about transmission rates by County (CDC)
- It is up to individual businesses to determine and enforce mask-wearing. The public is expected to comply.
As of February 12, 2023, in NYS, masking is no longer required; however, all preventive actions are still recommended.
- Each organization or facility can determine its own requirements for mask-wearing.
- This can change due to COVID-19 community transmission levels, the needs of the population served, special populations, outbreaks, and other responsibilities of the organization.
- Please contact the facility directly to determine mask needs.
- Preventive actions are outlined on the CDC website.
NYS will not stand for harassment against anyone that chooses to wear or require masks.