Purchasing, under the direction of the County Administrator, provides services to all County Departments and is authorized to issue public bids, requests for quotations, requests for proposals/qualifications (RFPs), along with processing and releasing purchase orders. Purchasing performs all other duties as assigned by the County Administrator. Given the nature of county business, a wide variety and often substantial quantity of goods and services are purchased. Purchasing is responsible for administering purchase and public works contracts in accordance with New York State General Municipal Law.
Purchasing is committed to securing the highest quality goods and services at the lowest possible cost, in accordance with New York State Law.
This includes the procurement of materials, supplies, equipment and services.
- Accountability Provide quality services and best value in a fiscally responsible manner consistent with the laws of the State of New York.
- Provide the highest level of Customer Service and Support through the use of the most user-friendly and efficient methods possible.
- Accountability for the Stewardship of the Public funds we are entrusted with.
- Flexibility to meet the ever-changing needs of County Departments.
- Development of effective business relationships with Suppliers and Departmental Employees.
***PLEASE NOTE: Security procedures are in effect at the Livingston County Office Building. Interested parties, especially contractors who intend to hand deliver proposals and/or conduct business with Livingston County should allow sufficient time for any delay which may arise as a result of security procedures. To be considered “delivered on time,” a submission must be received by County Administration by the appointed day and time.***