Register to Vote
Voter RegistrationTo Register To Vote You Must:
- Be a U.S. Citizen.
- Be 18 years old by December 31 of the year in which you register. * Note: You must be 18 years old by the date of the general, primary or other election in which you want to vote.
- Be a resident of the county for at least 30 days before the election.
- Not claim the right to vote elsewhere.
- Not be in jail for a felony conviction.
On April 18, 2018 Governor Andrew Cuomo signed an executive order allowing Parollees the right to register to vote. To read the full order: Click HereRegistration form (Spanish Version) (Complete the form and mail it to Livingston County Board of Elections. You may also register in person at our office.)
You need to re-register if:
- You move out of the County.
- Change your name.
- Change your party enrollment.
- Move within the County.
You must be enrolled in one of the 8 recognized parties (i.e., Democratic, Republican, Conservative, Green, Working Families, Independence, Women's Equality and Reform) and there must be a primary in the party in which you are enrolled.
Indicating your choice of party enrollment
Use the same form as you do to register to vote. *Note: If you are already registered and are filing a change of enrollment, the change will take effect immediately, with the exception of a change of enrollment filed between February 15th and seven days after the June Primary. The enrollments changes filed during this period will become effective on the 7th day after the June primary.