What kinds of expenses may I get compensated for by the Office of Victim Services?

The OVS offers compensation related to: personal injury, death and loss of essential personal property. The specific expenses OVS may cover include: Medical and counseling expensesLoss or damage of essential personal property (up to $500, including $100 for cash), Burial/funeral expenses (up to $6,000), Lost wages or lost support (up to $30,000), Transportation (necessary court appearances for prosecution or to related medical appointments), Occupational/vocational rehabilitation, Use of domestic violence shelters, Crime scene clean-up (up to $2,500), Good Samaritan property losses (up to $5,000), Moving expenses (up to $2,500)

Show All Answers

1. I am a victim and I misplaced the Victim Impact Statement sent to me. How do I find another one?
2. I am a victim, how do I change my address?
3. What is restitution?
4. Who is entitled to restitution?
5. How do I ask for restitution?
6. How is restitution ordered?
7. How is restitution determined?
8. Are minors (juveniles) ordered to pay restitution?
9. Do I have any legal rights as a crime victim? Do different victims have different rights?
10. The police and DA have my property. They say they need it as evidence. When can I get my things back?
11. Do I have the right to know what is happening to the person accused of committing the crime against me?
12. I wish the person who committed this crime could understand what it has done to my life and the lives of my loved ones. How can I explain this to him/her?
13. I am afraid of the person who committed the crime against me. How can I be protected?
14. When can I expect to receive my restitution money?
15. What services does Office of Victim Services provide victims?
16. Who may be eligible for compensation from the Office of Victim Services?
17. What kinds of expenses may I get compensated for by the Office of Victim Services?
18. What if my property was lost, damaged or destroyed because of the crime?
19. What are the steps to receive Office of Victim Services (OVS) compensation?
20. Are there other ways I can be compensated for my losses related to the crime?