How do I obtain my criminal history?

You may contact the New York State Office of Court Administration (OCA) for a name-based check by visiting this website: OCA-CHRS

You may also request your own personal record at: New York State Department of Justice or Federal Bureau of Investigations

There are also a multitude of private entities that will provide individual and third party background/criminal history checks.

Show All Answers

1. What are your hours of operation?
2. What is Probation Supervision?
3. Is probation supervision the same as parole supervision?
4. I know someone on probation is violating their conditions of probation, how do I report that?
5. How do I obtain my criminal history?
6. Do I qualify to have my criminal conviction sealed?
7. Can I obtain a US Passport if I have a criminal conviction?
8. Can I travel abroad with a criminal conviction?
9. Can I vote with a criminal conviction?
10. How do I apply to become an intern at the Probation Department?
11. What if I am an Employer and would like to talk to somebody at the Probation Department regarding general questions about probation conditions relating to employment?